Clara has been asking for a granola bar with chocolate chips all week. We don’t have any. I decided to take things into my own hands and make my own. This recipe (from the marathon mom) uses flax meal (ground flax seed) which I bought recently because I was feeling healthy, but this is my first time using it. I’m pretty sure you can buy it anywhere now.
chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups oats (mine were old fashioned and worked well)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt peanut butter, honey, and butter/oil over low/medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Combine the oats, flax meal, and almonds in a medium bowl.
3. Mix in the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Place mixture in a foil lined 8×8 pan and press flat.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press them down firmly.
6. Place the bars in the freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes or so to allow them to set.
7. Flip the bars onto a cutting board and cut them to your desired size.
8. Store them in the fridge!