Awhile back I told Chris that I found a new bacon recipe. He replied with, “A bacon recipe? How can you possibly improve on plain bacon?” We both agree that Sweet and Spicy Bacon based on a recipe I found on Pinterest is the answer to that question! It pairs well with sweet breakfast best in my mind, but definitely works with eggs or on sandwiches too!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon
Your favorite bacon (8 pieces or so)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Mix together the sugar, chili powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place the bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil, being sure the pieces don’t overlap.
4. Bake for roughly 8-10 minute, until the underside of the bacon is starting to brown.
5. Remove the bacon from the oven and carefully flip each piece.
6. Evenly sprinkle the spice mixture on top.
7. Bake for another 8 minutes, or until down!
8. Place the bacon on a few layers of paper towels to drain off excess grease.
9. Prepare to be amazed!