I promised this recipe a few weeks ago, but I’m just able to post it now. I found it on Something Swanky’s blog, like the brownies the other week. I hope you enjoy it! I shared with many friends, and no one could get enough!
Pumpkin Heath Caramel Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Heath bits
- caramel- made from melting 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix the flour, powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in another bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Add in the heath bits.
- Put the batter into the pan.
- Pour the caramel on top, and cut it through the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Slowly melt the butter and brown sugar in a small pot, over medium heat.
- Stir frequently, and bring the mixture to a boil until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pot and a thick caramel forms.
These bars can be enjoyed as is, or with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce on top.